Develop a theme tagline, a key phrase, which captures the essence of what the Scripture calls you to do.
Theme Scripture: Eph 4:32-5:2
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” NIV
One thing to consider is how it expresses one or more of our PWOC aims:
1. Lead: How does the theme tagline engage the unchurched?
2. Teach: Does it spring from our common ground in Scripture versus a specific denomination position?
3. Develop: How does it the theme tagline challenge us as Disciples of Christ?
4. Involve: Does theme tagline move us to action?
Practical things that might be helpful are:
1. Be clear, not clever.
2. Clearly relate it to the focus you selected: Loving others like Christ
3. Ask the question, “So What?” This will reveal if it is compelling relevant call.
4. Keep it short – does it fit on a t-shirt?
We will brainstorm for 48 hours.
Click here to post your comments on the Hub Facebook page.