Our next process is to write a vision statement that will lead to strategies, and from that, we can choose themes and graphics.
Vision Statement: (Desired End-State) A one-sentence statement describing the clear goal and means (ministries) that guides and inspires them toward that goal.
A vision statement needs to
• …be easily explained by those involved
• …be clear and simple (most aren’t)
• …avoid elaborate language & buzz words
• …not be confused with a mission statement
See examples of 30 top vision statements here
You might recognise these Christian organisations. Here are their vision statements:
- Barna.org: “provide people with credible knowledge and clear thinking, enabling them to navigate a complex and changing culture.”
- Chic-Fil-A: “To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come into contact with Chick–fil–A.”
Please add all responses to the Theme Developement Facebook page HERE. We will respond to this question until Tuesday morning(3-15-2016). Then, we will select a vision statement or clarify more if we need to.