Help us to create a section of ideas here. Email your suggestions to The Hub.
Life Direction Lunch from missionalwomen.com – 10 Creative, Interactive Women’s Ministry Events
One of the most important things for a woman to know is how her unique giftings and abilities and how she can use them to make Jesus known. There is a great tool that brings great insight to this question. You can host a lunch where the ladies can process through this question. Here is a video explaining the tool. And here is a worksheet enabling them to personalize it. Don’t forget to check out their site as well.
*Add a nametag before and after. Who does God say that I am? – Many of us identify ourselves by what we feel or our failures. What are the truths in scripture that tell us who GOD says we are?
Rooted In Christ
Song: Thrive by Casting Crowns
Verse: Colossians 2: 6,7 “Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. “
Theme: Bearing Fruit / Thankfulness
Song: Thrive by Casting Crowns
Verse: Psalm 1:1-3 “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers”
- Paul David Tripp has an excellent series on Identity in his website. He said he found in his years of counseling that these identity replacements tend to fall into four major clusters: achievement, acceptance, performance, physical things. He goes on to show how identity is connected to worship. He says “there are three pillars of worship that support a Biblical sense of vertical identity”: rooted in God as Creator, God’s sovereignty, and God as Savior.
- Matt Chandler, Senior Pastor for The Village Church, has a Bible Study, Recovering Redemption, that deals with our identity and what we worship.There is also an online digital PDF to follow the study.
- Kim Cash Kate talks about adorning the inner self. She says, “Above how we look, dress, or wear our hair, it’s the heart that matters. That’s what our focus should be. That’s what should shine as beautiful. A grousing, sighing, eye rolling heart is nowhere near beautiful. It is not the meek and tranquil quality that the Lord finds precious.” – www.desiringgod.org
- Josh McDowell encourages us to Plant Yourself Where the Truth about You Flourishes – The coolest group you can be part of is one where consistent, loving care reinforces the truth of who God says you are. It may be a youth group, a Sunday school class, a Bible study group, or just a group of Christian friends who care about each other deeply. Wherever you find it, that’s an environment that can help you transform a self-image you don’t want to wallow in.
- Lyli Dunbar talks about “confident expectation and assurance” that what God says in His Word is true” in Holding On To A Real Hope.
- Biblical themes and narratives for digital use. The Bible Project is producing some great, free resources for the church. Because the medium they use is animation, you might assume (without watching it) that this is only for kids. But it’s really something that could profit all of us. (To find out more about how to provide donor support for this free resource, go here.