the Vision Statement
Review the scripture we’ve chosen
Humble Service in the Body of Christ
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Love in Action
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. NIV
“…vision has a variety of definitions, all of which include a mental image or picture, a future orientation, and aspects of direction or goal. Vision provides guidance to an organization by articulating what it wishes to attain.” sedl.org
A Helpful Reminder
Vision – What, Who, and Why of your goal
Strategies/Mission – How to reach your goal
Theme(s) – Energizing images/ideas that
emphasize parts of the vision or strategy
A vision statement needs to…
– Be easily explained by those involved
– Clear and simple
– Avoid elaborate language & buzz words
– Not confused with a mission statement
Choose the 3 statements that best Reflect the Vision
1. Be humble, use the gifts God has given you, and show love to others.
2. Serving each other in the Lord with genuine love and hospitality.
3. Gospel Grace extended and received that transforms hearts, minds, and souls for Him as we encourage, teach and serve united in love and humility.
4. Knowing God’s Word more deeply to connect in the Body of Christ and rest in Him under their burdens.
5. Use your faith to serve the church and the Lord, and to learn how to cling to love, humility and hope
6. To use the spiritual gifts God has blessed us with, to uplift and to strengthen our bond as women and the unified body of Christ!
7. To provide PWOC women the opportunity to grow in their knowledge & understanding of Christ with grace and humility while fostering authentic love & friendships.
8. For the women of PWOC to be devoted to the Lord, while loving our community with fervor and unity given by God’s grace.
9. With grace and sincerity, encourage our sisters in their giftings, grow deeper in the Word, and walk humbly with a posture of praise.
10. For each individual member of PWOC to humbly, graciously, joyfully grow in depth of knowledge and selfless service as she more fully embraces the gift of her identity in the body of Christ.
11. Understanding, bearing, and sharing, the unified body of Christ.
12. The Word equips us all to bear with a humble grace by faith to love and serve as one in Christ.
13. To the women of PWOC, we each have a place in the body of Christ may we use our gifts to passionately serve Him and others with humility, good cheer, and generosity.
14. To enable the women of PWOC to humbly disperse love, hope and grace through the use of their gifts
15. Loving in the Body of Christ as He has loved us.
16. Humbly uniting in His gifts by His Grace to love each other.