Final Vision Statements 2018
In our assessment, that need is for ladies to “understand the Word more deeply” and join in “bearing each other’s burdens”.
So, of the following vision statements, which one informs us on how to address those needs in Romans 12:3-13?
* Be easily explained by those involved
* Clear and simple
* Does it state the why, who, and what of your goal?
* Is it picturesque?
Humble Service in the Body of Christ
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your”faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Love in Action
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Choose the vision statement that best fits the scripture focus.
- To grow in our knowledge & understanding of Christ, with grace and humility through friendships and love.
- Bearing and sharing the fruits of Christ’s love with others.
- Equipping us to bear with all in humble grace by faith using our gifts to serve as one in Christ in genuine love and hospitality.
- Striving to live Gospel-centered lives while harmoniously uniting as Christ’s body.
- Living our identity in Christ personally and passionately in a divided culture.
- Allowing God to work through you so that others may come to know Him.