In the commercial marketing world – A tagline is a phrase that accompanies your brand name to quickly translate your business’s positioning and brand identity into a single line (a tagline) that means something to consumers. A tagline is meant to provide consumers with an indication of your brand and its market position in just a few memorable words.
• It’s memorable. – You hear it, memorize it quickly, and repeat it with ease.
• It’s short. – Great taglines often have as few as ten syllables so that they’re quick to recite and easy to tuck in alongside logos.
• It conveys a brand’s point of difference. – The tagline tells what sets your brand apart from others.
• It clarifies a brand’s market position and key benefits. – Especially if the brand name doesn’t quickly communicate the brand’s offerings and distinctions.
• It differentiates a business from all others. – In fact, a great tagline is so unique that it doesn’t work when linked to a competitor’s brand name.
• It reflects the brand’s identity, character, promise, and personality. – It also needs to be believable and original.
The tagline should work as a magnet to quickly draw women into the theme and can emphasize the meaning of the scripture without repeating any of the same words or concepts.
Some things to consider….
1. Does your tag line succinctly summarize your vision? Subway – “Eat fresh”
2. Is your tag line memorable? Nike – “Just Do It.”
3. Is it original, and does it make a confident statement? Wheaties – “Breakfast of Champions.”
4. Will your tag line help energize people toward your goals? U.S. Army – “Army Strong”
Add Taglines To These 3 Vision Statements
For Our Purposes – Develop a theme tagline, a key phrase, which captures the essence of what the Scripture calls you to do for these 3 vision statements.
To grow in our knowledge & understanding of Christ, with grace and humility through friendships and love.
Living our identity in Christ personally and passionately in a divided culture.
Allowing God to work through you so that others may come to know Him.
Humble Service in the Body of Christ
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your”faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Love in Action
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
**Post your tagline recommendations until Monday (4/16/2018) to this Post on the Theme Development FB page HERE.
Then, we’ll check in and see if we need more time.